Traffic Ticket & DUI Defense Lawyer
Like many growing cities these days, Crystal Lake and other nearby municipalities have had their share of DUI and alcohol related traffic arrests. Here is a sampling of police reports from earlier in 2015:
- a 22 year old Crystal Lake man was charged with possession of marijuana, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content greater than 0.08 percent and possession of drug paraphernalia
- a 51 year old McHenry man was with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia
- a 26 year old Woodstock with driving under the influence of alcohol
- a 22 year old Algonquin man was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting a police officer. He also was arrested on an in-state bond forfeiture warrant.
If you have been arrested on a DUI charge such as these, you’re probably wondering what effect it will have on your driver’s license. There are a variety of DUI Defenses that may be applicable in your case, including:
- Mistake of Fact, when a person honestly believes that he/she is not intoxicated or impaired (for example, if prescription medication has unexpected side effects)
- Involuntary Intoxication, when a person has ingested alcohol / drugs without his or her knowledge (for example, a drink that has been “spiked” without your knowledge)
- Improper Stop, when an officer does not have probably cause to make the initial traffic stop
- Administration / Accuracy of Field Sobriety Test
- Administration / Accuracy of Portable Breathalyzer Test
- Improper Police Actions, when a defendant’s civil rights are violated or evidence or report faked
There are a number of other, less common defenses that an experienced DUI Attorney may be able to use, so it is always best to consult an attorney as soon as possible after a DUI arrest.